There are so many types of pillows available today it’s really difficult to make a choice.
You could choose your pillow based on your sleeping position…
The right pillow should cradle your pressure points and allow your spine to curve naturally.
- Tummy Sleepers need a soft support pillow. Naturally soft fillings such as feather and down or microfibre are your best option as they will help prevent you arching your spine out of its natural alignment.
- Side sleepers need a pillow which will provide the appropriate height whilst supporting the head and neck for optimal spinal alignment. Choose a firm or medium-firm support pillow. Maybe one with added neck support. Molded memory foam pillows might be an option.
- Back sleepers need a medium support pillow. Best consider hollow fibre or wool fillings. These pillows have deeper sides providing fullness right to the edge.They will provide gentle support to help maintain a natural sleeping position without pushing your head forward or backwards.
You could choose your pillow based on your mattress.
Pair your pillow with your mattress.
If you have a memory foam mattressa memory foam pillow will support your head and neck just as the rest of your body is supported by your mattress.
You could choose your pillow based on your Medical Condition
- If you have neck pain contour memory foam pillows should be good for you. They mould around your head, neck and shouldersinstead of pushing against them. Your neck will be supported and cradled without being uncomfortably arched.
- If you are pregnant especially designed body pregnancy pillows are available to mould around your bump. These can support your head and go between your knees to provide support to the whole body. If you don’t fancy such a large pillow we can tailor make one for you!